A (serious) BBQ question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Family is coming for a BBQ..... (Just us 6 to keep inside guidelines) and they are all veggies.
I got some Aldi 1/4 pound veggie burgers. The instructions only mention doing in the oven.......180° for 20 minutes. No mention at all of grilling**.
Question.......would it be safe to grill on the BBQ?
The BBQ is gas and has a lid so I can turn the heat down and drop the lid.
**I assume they don't for a reason.

I would cook them in tin foil as they will probably fall apart on the BBQ grill
The cooking instructions are referring to oven baking.

Last edited:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Family is coming for a BBQ..... (Just us 6 to keep inside guidelines) and they are all veggies.
I got some Aldi 1/4 pound veggie burgers. The instructions only mention doing in the oven.......180° for 20 minutes. No mention at all of grilling**.
Question.......would it be safe to grill on the BBQ?
The BBQ is gas and has a lid so I can turn the heat down and drop the lid.
**I assume they don't for a reason.
Yes I would cook them on the bbq. Does your bbq have a temperature gauge? If so heat it to 180 and cook for 20 mins per instructions. If not I’d say have the gas on a medium heat with the lid closed.
l‘Ve cooked loads of different foods on the bbq that are oven cook only. It’s just another form of heat source just like a gas or electric oven.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yes I would cook them on the bbq. Does your bbq have a temperature gauge? If so heat it to 180 and cook for 20 mins per instructions. If not I’d say have the gas on a medium heat with the lid closed.
l‘Ve cooked loads of different foods on the bbq that are oven cook only. It’s just another form of heat source just like a gas or electric oven.
No......a basic gas BBQ. The knob allows me to control the heat but its a bit of guess work.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
For BBQ pudding: Slit the skin lengthways on some bananas, poke chocolate buttons into the aforementioned slit, wrap in foil and cook until they're heated through...
NB Best scooped out with a spoon, unless you have burn ointment on hand!

Mmmmmmm... 🍌

Never cooked veggie burgers, but the 20 tandoori lamb chops i cooked on the bbq yesterday went down a storm :okay:

Salar

A fish out of water
As said above, they are dry. Overdo them in the oven and they come out like biscuits.

They can break up easily, so as above put them on foil with some oil.

Top Bottom