A very proud owners first ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Having just got my first road bike for many many years (Claud Buttler Critterium) I went on my first ride today. Nothing to taxing(14 miles Alloa Colesnaughton Dolla Alloa) but wow what a difference from my mtb. The toe clips came very naturally and soon I was powering up inclines that I struggled with on my mtb. Didn't realise how bad the road surface is or how cold it was today!!!! but that said I had a blast, come on the summer :biggrin:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nice one Pp, road bikes is where it's at! :becool:

Got my first road bike since I was a kid a couple of weeks ago. Only been out on it once for 10 miles due to weather and work but really looking forward to having a good ride at the weekend.

Great one PP and welcome to the dark side -why the dark side? Well as much as you may love your other half (assumptions there), within a year or two you will be hiding sneakily bought kit or pretending it was 25% less than you paid.
The step after that is using tonsa cycle jargon as to why you need to go to or cross the £1000 barrier on a new machine as its power train far exceeds what you have making your riding/climbing faster and smoother. Oh, and the new wheels much safer as less flex and better stability cornering at 40mph on a 1:8 downhill etc.

That's what I was doing 3 mth ago until her indoors argued that a new bike was best in the spring - then ill health has kicked in so set back 6 mth+

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Got my first road bike since I was a kid a couple of weeks ago. Only been out on it once for 10 miles due to weather and work but really looking forward to having a good ride at the weekend.
Wrap up warm LarryDuff it was realt realy cold today. Have dug out a really thin beany hat to go under my helmet as my head hurt like f@!k due to the amazing speeds I was hitting :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
Not too far from you PP (in Dunfermline), got my first road bike a couple of weeks ago - only been out once for 16 miles but knocked 20 minutes off my last time on my MTB over the same route - happy days! Good idea about the beanie, it was particularly cold today...

Part time cyclist

Über Member
well done and welcome to the road bike brigade, :hello: As TonyEnjoyD said it wont be long before you are buying kit and having it delivered to work so you dont have to explain why you neeeeeed the kit to the other half :laugh: they wont understand.....

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Thanks for all the kind words and yes I will be justifying the price of new kit after I pick it up from work lol

P.S Any local guys want a ride out some time i would be up for it. Contact via the forum

Top Bottom