A127 firework incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heliphil

Guru
Had a lit firework thrown at me from a passing car last night near Basildon as I was cycling home from work. Fortunately I stopped quickly and it went off about 5 meters away. Really angry about this as it must have been premeditated, I wonder who else got targeted. IDIOTS :wacko:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Glad you're OK. Have you reported it to the Police?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Had a lit firework thrown at me from a passing car last night near Basildon as I was cycling home from work. Fortunately I stopped quickly and it went off about 5 meters away. Really angry about this as it must have been premeditated, I wonder who else got targeted. IDIOTS :wacko:
Plenty of pedestrians on the receiving end of this this year and every year.

"we woz only 'avin' a laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarf!"

Nobbers.

Had it a couple of times in the East End. I didn't really mind, I love fireworks. East London goes crazy ape bonkers this time of year, drunk people set off Category Three fireworks-you're supposed to be 25 metres away and people set them off from their ten foot front garden. It's best when Diwali happens close to November 5th, I think people try to recreate The Blitz.

I've had a remarkably trouble-free week on the A127 between Laindon and Leigh - certainly nothing as meat-headed as a lit firework. They're probably going to light the rest after midnight in an urban back garden when everyone's kids are supposed to be asleep.

Nobbers.

OP
OP
heliphil

heliphil

Guru
no - not reported to the police - did not get the car number plate or even the make of car !!! - It was dark...... so no reall info to give them.

We used to have a family of muppets across the way from us at our previous house.

They would take great delight in firing rockets from their bedroom window at passing cars

Then on year they fired at an Ambulance attending one of the neighbours just missing one of teh Ambulance crew.... I did not realise that there were many Police in Gosport!

They emptied the entire household out on to the street, then dragged the whole family round to Portsmouth for questioing and released them at a ungodly hour in the morning with no buses or public transport to get them back

outlash

also available in orange
Had it a couple of times in the East End. I didn't really mind, I love fireworks. East London goes crazy ape bonkers this time of year, drunk people set off Category Three fireworks-you're supposed to be 25 metres away and people set them off from their ten foot front garden. It's best when Diwali happens close to November 5th, I think people try to recreate The Blitz.

Yeah, because there was loads of muslims in East London during the 40's :rolleyes:. FWIW, no-one wanted to recreate the blitz who lived through it.

Tony.

subaqua

What’s the point
Yeah, because there was loads of muslims in East London during the 40's :rolleyes:. FWIW, no-one wanted to recreate the blitz who lived through it.

Tony.
even if there was it wouldn't be Muslims celebrating Diwali .

Had an empty drink can lobbed at me from a passing car once.

Not opening the helmet debate again, but the fact I was wearing one did enable me head the projectile onto the [empty] pavement.^_^

Drago

Legendary Member
Report it anyway. Even if you can't give much info there's always the.chance the offenders have struck elsewhere and those victims have been able to identify them, or a small chance they could identify the vehicle using BOF.

jack smith

Veteran
A group of chavs threw a rocket at me a few years ago,and it landed on the ground infront of me but the idiots didnt light it properly in the rain . anyway they were only a few metres away from me and my mate chucked me his lighter and without thinking i just picked it up and pointed it at them and their reaction was priceless when they were begging not to be hurt. Anyway we let them walk away then let it off just above them and they hopped away like rabbits! :laugh:

Top Bottom