A34 Manchester - Kingsway Yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattybain

Anybody know what happened yesterday? road was competely shut between school lane and fog lane. Lots of police and ambulances in attendance.

Traffic was chaos with usual f**k wits doing u-turns and quick lefts without looking / indicating.

Suspect shell sparks traffic chaos

September 02, 2009
THERE was rush hour chaos after a suspected artillery shell was found in a garden.

Both sides of Kingsway were closed after the discovery in Burnage.

The road was shut at 3.15pm and bomb disposal experts were called to a house on Kingsway.

Southbound traffic was being diverted on to Fog Lane and northbound traffic was being diverted on to School Lane.

Burnage Lane was also closed between Fog Lane and Kingsway.

Nearby residents were advised to stay indoors and motorists were advised to avoid the area as police inquiries continued.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Ah - I had a worry that it was just what the school run was going to be like from then on :smile:

I got off and walked in the end - wasn't room to filter safely, and the traffic was moving slower than I could walk.

purplepolly

John the Monkey said:
I got off and walked in the end - wasn't room to filter safely, and the traffic was moving slower than I could walk.

I hope you remembered to smile and wave as you walked past the traffic queue

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
purplepolly said:
I hope you remembered to smile and wave as you walked past the traffic queue

:smile:

Not really, it was peeing down, so I wanted to be back on the bike!

I did think of all the motons sat there thinking "If only these idiots would get the bus, I could be home on time!" about their fellow drivers...

Top Bottom