Aborted overtake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hope you gave it a kick when it did get past :biggrin:

domtyler

Über Member
You were quite near the gutter though, inviting him to ignore you and behaving as a second rate road user rather than someone with an equal right to be there.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Stop it dom - fine position that....

Hmm don't think I'd like to always see the shenanigans that go on behind me....

How's the camera doing !

OP
OP
M

magnatom

ianrauk said:
Hope you gave it a kick when it did get past :wacko:

Oooh, you are naughty!:biggrin:

domtyler said:
You were quite near the gutter though, inviting him to ignore you and behaving as a second rate road user rather than someone with an equal right to be there.

LOL! Whatever! I had a strong secondary, until I noticed how close the bus was and I swerved towards curb. I say swerved just to see if it will hook Mr_hippo! :wacko: The rear camera shows it quite well.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

It is the wee camera (37g!). It's going well. I am under negotiations at the moment to get my review published!

Ok it's only on bentmikes web site, but its a start. Next I will be writting my autobiography....:wacko:

domtyler

Über Member
magnatom said:
LOL! Whatever! I had a strong secondary, until I noticed how close the bus was and I swerved towards curb. I say swerved just to see if it will hook Mr_hippo! :wacko: The rear camera shows it quite well.

Hmmm, maybe it's the angle of the camera or something, but on the clip it looks like a pretty weak secondary position followed by some quite alarming swerving around. Not really surprising that the poor bus driver didn't know what the hell was going on. :wacko::biggrin:

magnatom said:
It is the wee camera (37g!). It's going well. I am under negotiations at the moment to get my review published!

Ok it's only on bentmikes web site, but its a start. Next I will be writting my autobiography....:wacko:

The quality looks good, I may get one, what is the primary limitation? Battery life?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

domtyler said:
Hmmm, maybe it's the angle of the camera or something, but on the clip it looks like a pretty weak secondary position followed by some quite alarming swerving around. Not really surprising that the poor bus driver didn't know what the hell was going on. :biggrin::wacko:

On that stretch of road, before the bus 'encouraged' me to swerve, I was about 1.5 metres from the curb. That's generally where I am on this section.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Catrike UK said:
The quality looks good, I may get one, what is the primary limitation? Battery life?

Yes the battery, it's not waterproof and not so great in the dark.

There is a solution to the battery though, but you'll have to wait for my review to find out about that! :wacko:

magnatom said:
Yes the battery, it's not waterproof and not so great in the dark.

There is a solution to the battery though, but you'll have to wait for my review to find out about that! :wacko:

As well as selling recumbents I design digital broadcast systems so I may be able to trump you on that, how about powering it from the dynamo? Or a solar pack?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
What was Mr McKindless was think of the glory he could earn on Bloodbus if he got a new bonnet ornament!

It is amazing how some driver don't seam to be able to look more than 50 m down a road, they don't look past who or what ever they are trying to overtake and only notice on coming traffic when it get exceedingly close. Lucky for you he looked ahead of you in time to pull over without wiping you out. These videos are a great aid to for driver education, have you sent a copy to the CEO of McKindless Coaches? :wacko:

magnatom said:
Next I will be writting my autobiography....:wacko:

Is it my imagination or is your avatar getting bigger? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hairy Jock said:
These videos are a great aid to for driver education, have you sent a copy to the CEO of McKindless Coaches? :wacko:

Is it my imagination or is your avatar getting bigger? :smile:

I have heard that McKindless are not the best bus company in Glasgow and I think it would be unlikely that they would take a blind bit of notice of me!

As for my brain, unfortunately I have proof that it is in fact shrinking. It is scary how much your brain shrinks in the space of two or three years!:biggrin:

Top Bottom