Absent friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Memories like these can really hit you. As a teenager, my best mates young brother drowned in The Trent...8 years old. Maybe 20 year later, long after we'd all gone our separate ways (RAF life, it's inevitable) I visited the old base and also for some reason the local village and it's cemetery. There was Chris's grave...poor sod, 8 years old.
I went into a real downer for about 3 days :sad:. Didn't expect it...it hit me like a train, and thinking about it, possibly because my own children were about that age at the time.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not really a friend but someone i knew from school threw himself off the top of a high tower block of flats after he'd decapitated a goat on an allotment.

Stephenite

Membå
Glass of vodka in hand:

To my old mates Ian, David & Tony may you all rest in peace. You will never be forgotten and maybe, just maybe, if there is an afterlife, I'll see you later.

Cheers:okay::okay::okay:
A terrible loss for you. But, it appears, you were a great part of their 'happy' lives.

We all lose friends and family we love. We miss people along the way. It can be heartbreaking sometimes, and we bear their memories. I feel your pain.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Great days weren't they.

I had a really good friend at school but there were a bunch of us in the same group.He just suddenly disappeared and I never saw him again.His parents were a bit funny though.

What happened, did you ever find out?

Not really a friend but someone i knew from school threw himself off the top of a high tower block of flats after he'd decapitated a goat on an allotment.

Classy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom