Absolute Nutter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Alsagers Bank was reorganized during the financial crisis, and is now known as EuroBank Alsager.

I had it in my teenage years - I'm only 5ft!!...... My days as a paperboy are clearly showing through! Worn down & worn out!!
Awww. I do believe it has something to do with the growth spurt where the tendons don't keep up with the bone growth or something. It's not just limited to taller people but seems to be more common in them :smile:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Good riding, Doc333!
Bet you are happy with your achievements. I'd be happy with that amount of climbing too.

Copo

I managed to scale Mow Cop today for the first time on a road bike. To be honest the Mount Pleasant route is slightly easier than all the way from the bottom of Station Bank.

My previous two attempts have seen me turning off at the Mount Pleasant road first attempt and then getting off and walking from the Cheshire View pub second attempt, right at the bottom of the 23% section.

You know a hill's hard when you have a dog walker giving you words of encouragement near the top and then cyclists coming the other way congratulating you when you're at the top.

Not sure where Alsagers Bank is. I can guess it's near Alsager though :biggrin: I'll give that a go next (once I find it) and see how it compares.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I managed to scale Mow Cop today for the first time on a road bike. To be honest the Mount Pleasant route is slightly easier than all the way from the bottom of Station Bank.

Yep - you join the road up to Mow Cop just before the steep bit, iirc. The straight route (up Drumbar Lane, I think?) puts a bit more hurt into your legs than coming in via Mount Pleasant! The climb gets really busy in the Winter/early Spring, as people come over for a look before the Cheshire Cat :smile: One trick I see a few do is taking a quick breather by detouring left before the pub, then doubling back to attempt the climb.

(Oh, and well done for making it up there. I'm scared to try again myself, after a supremely lazy winter :smile: )

siadwell

Guru
My cousin holds the over 50s record for the Mow Cop Killer Mile. Unfortunately, we don't seem to share the climbing gene.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My cousin holds the over 50s record for the Mow Cop Killer Mile. Unfortunately, we don't seem to share the climbing gene.
I used to have problems driving up there!! Mind you, I did have a very old Marina.

Top Bottom