Abusive threatening motorists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
The police had a safer vale stand in the town square today. I had a chat with a policeman there about his advice in dealing with road rage morons.

Its not a big problem here but happens now and then usually when you least expect it.

His advice was allways consider your own safety first ie dont get into a slanging match if possible .

I asked what action they would take if I reported an incident of threatening abusive language and he confirmed what i allready thought that while the person may get spoken to a prosecution would be unlikely unless you could corroborate your story with an independant witness.

He did say however that it is worth reporting as if more than one report about the same person is received this could be a different matter.

At least he seemed to take my enquiry seriously , if we all started a zero tolerance policy to abuse and reported every incident maybe something would happen .

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
+1
The police had a safer vale stand in the town square today. I had a chat with a policeman there about his advice in dealing with road rage morons.

Its not a big problem here but happens now and then usually when you least expect it.

His advice was allways consider your own safety first ie dont get into a slanging match if possible .

I asked what action they would take if I reported an incident of threatening abusive language and he confirmed what i allready thought that while the person may get spoken to a prosecution would be unlikely unless you could corroborate your story with an independant witness.

He did say however that it is worth reporting as if more than one report about the same person is received this could be a different matter.

At least he seemed to take my enquiry seriously , if we all started a zero tolerance policy to abuse and reported every incident maybe something would happen .

buggi

Bird Saviour
this is what the cops told me too. Also, if the Moton then kills/injurs a cyclist and when they look at his record there is a list of complaints about him, helps with the prosecution.

I had a conversation about this with Son Numero Uno not half an hour ago. He came in fuming because he was cut up twice and then driven at and run off the road because he'd then flicked the driver off. BMW driver. Surprise.

I have come to the conclusion, in the last couple of weeks, that we should report every single incident like this. I'm going to get off my arse and do it. We owe it to ourselves.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get it logged - I did, cops couldn't do much (your word etc.), but it was 'yet another' log against the car...... he had history. He'll get caught one day.

Globalti

Legendary Member
How many times do I have to post this on here?

Find out the non-emergency number for your local Police force. To report any incident, speeding, bad driving, driving that causes you alarm, abusive behaviour, simply dial that number that you have stored on your mobile and report the driver. As long as the reg, colour and make correspond the report will go against that vehicle on the PNC. Next time that car is seen by a patrol car equipped with ANPR the driver will be stopped for a chat and a producer notice. More than three reports and they risk having their car seized and crushed.

Simples.

Top Bottom