Accident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
You - Good looker, brunette, maybe 20 years younger than me, cheap MTB.
Me - Grey, middle aged bloke on old black Dawes Discovery. (New seat :thumbsup:)
You - Cyling with partner (Male) on the Leeds/Liverpoool canal near Apperley Bridge.
Me - Cycling alone (Again :sad:) on the way to watch FC United of Manchester.
You - Failed to notice the mooring bollard.
Me - I didn't, after all, it was painted shiny black and protruding a good 12" out of the towpath.
You - Looked upset. (And wet)

Hope you are dry now. First one of the year, it made my day ^_^

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Can't beat a good bit of Schadenfreude to cheer you up!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Me: summer of '84 hot day driving Ford Cortina with the the windows down.
You: Hot looking blonde in tight white tee shirt, denim shorts, looking good and knowing it.
Me: looking at you looking good, then driving into the back of a truck right up to the windshield.
You: being cool trying not to laugh.
Two lads in an XR2i: passing me, pissing themselves laughing at me with my car wedged under truck.

:blush::cursing:

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Did you keep a straight face? :smile:

Of course not. The canal is not deep, it's only water, the way she carried on you'd have though there were sharks in there. ^_^ Back out on the canal today, too windy for the road, maybe I'll get lucky again. Riders going in the water is funny but much better, is when newbie boaters get the front caught on the lock gates, I park the bike, settle down and watch it all unfold like a mini-Titanic. :laugh:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Of course not. The canal is not deep, it's only water, the way she carried on you'd have though there were sharks in there. ^_^ Back out on the canal today, too windy for the road, maybe I'll get lucky again. Riders going in the water is funny but much better, is when newbie boaters get the front caught on the lock gates, I park the bike, settle down and watch it all unfold like a mini-Titanic. :laugh:

You sadist.

Top Bottom