Accommodation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingswood Gas

Can anyone help me. I am due to set of from Land's End 13 August. I am well into my training and have set my route and bought the majoority of my kit which I will need. I am doing a solo unsupported trip with panniers. I am looking for any good reccomendations for B&B's on my route. I am willing to pay between £20-£30 per night. I have only just tentatively started looking around and am looking for ideas for good places to stay. Ia m looking to stay in town centres which rules out most Travel lodges. I am looking to stay at the following places: PENZANCE, OKEHAMPTON, SHREWSBURY, PRESTON, CARLISLE, EDINBURGH, PITLOCHRY, INVERNESS & WICK. I will not need a hotel in Bristol as this is where I live.

From my inital look it seems at Pitlochry will be the most difficult to find a hotel as it is a bit of a tourist trap. Any help or advice would be greatfully received

Christkd

I can tell you where we stayed in Preston and Wick!

Preston Ibis - rooms from £29 but book early!

Wick - The Norseman Hotel, cant remember the exact rate but it was reasonable, we didn't go anywhere flash!!!;)

Good luck to you!

Chris :thumbsup:

Rebel Ian

In Penzance we're in Sunny Bank House although that's much closer to Land's End than Penzance. In Invereness we're in a place called the Armadale Guest House. I can't recall the exact prices but all of our accommodation averages at about £28 per night but that's either double or twin rooms with two sharing.

OP
OP
K

Kingswood Gas

All accomodation booked From Okehampton up to Dunfermline. All I need to do now is find accomodation in Pitlochry, Inverness & John O'Groats. Any ideas? I need accomodation for 20th/21st & 22nd August!

OP
OP
K

Kingswood Gas

Thank you for evryone help and advise. I am now fully booked up all the way up to John O'Graots. Just to warn anybody booking in future that the main problems I came across were the problems with finding single roomed accomodation. The majority of B&B, hotel websites assume you are staying with a partner. In regards to booking places to stay I will warn you that there are not many B&B's in Penzance with single rooms. The only other issues I came across were that it was very difficult to find cheap accomodation in Edinburgh mainly due to the place being a tourist trap. Finally John O'Groats was the awkardist place to find a place as there are hardly any places to stay in the area.

Now all I need to concentrate on now is getting the mileage in the legs in the next couple of weeks!

Top Bottom