Accommodations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stan.forums

I am planning to do the Lejog starting mid June for 3 weeks. I would like to stay at B&Bs and or hotels. Will i have difficulty finding accommodations? What about in Scotland, where the population is sparse.

Thanks

Once you get past OkeHampton, there be dragons I tells ya. Nothing but mud huts, and toothless field dwelling peasants, make sure you get your plague jab.

OP
OP
S

stan.forums

I was referring to room availability during high season. I am debating whether or not to take a tent and sleeping bag ( I would prefer not )

I was referring to room availability during high season. I am debating whether or not to take a tent and sleeping bag ( I would prefer not )
You’ll have issues on days 1 and 2 if you don’t book well in advance, as the cheaper B&Bs in Cornwall are usually full, and any accommodation left, tends to be a bit pricey. Once your away towards Wales, and up North, it’s not so bad.

I started in June last year and booked the Land End YHA a week in advance and then the Inverness SYHA a few days before arrival and secured the last bed. Other than that, I camped and always arrived un-announced. There was usually plenty of room and I only got turned away once; that was at Banff Links Caravan Park and they were full because the Scottish school holidays had just started. I cycled on a couple of hundred yards and wild camped by the sea then popped back and used their facilities without shame, as I would have happily paid. Edited to add, I also had one night in an independent hostel at Anstruther, that I booked the day before.

Roger

Veteran
Did JOGLE last summer, all the B&B's and pubs I passed in Scotland said no vacancies. I had booked all açcomodation in advance, also this gave me my mileage target for the day. Don' forget not all B&B's do an evening meal, no good finding a great place to stay after a long day and not being able to eat.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Bivvy bag and sleeping bag would be my suggestion. Its cheaper, you stop when you like and you can find much better views. You can always find a dry....ish place to sleep.

Mini58

I am starting LEJOG on the 6th May: I am going tentless: B&B for me: and see how it goes: what could go wrong? Booking the B&B one day at a time!

Mini58

Did JOGLE last summer, all the B&B's and pubs I passed in Scotland said no vacancies. I had booked all açcomodation in advance, also this gave me my mileage target for the day. Don' forget not all B&B's do an evening meal, no good finding a great place to stay after a long day and not being able to eat.
“Pot noodle “ and “dry soaking “ for me with the odd pint

Top Bottom