Accy at it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

What were they actually charged with? there is no law to state they could not drive up the A45 at 20mph, if other drivers had to take dangerous avoiding actions maybe it is them that should be charged with driving without due care & attention.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
What were they actually charged with? there is no law to state they could not drive up the A45 at 20mph, if other drivers had to take dangerous avoiding actions maybe it is them that should be charged with driving without due care & attention.

Pushing one car with another on a public road. What could possibly go wrong?

looking at the image it looks like there is no hard shoulder
hence the alternative was to leave the car at the side of the road???

if that is true then that would provide an even greater obstacle - although the 2 people oin the cars would at least have been safer as they should have left the cars

Also - I agree that it looks very much like the people who 'had to make sudden lane changes' were not driving with due care and attention - especially as the ambulance apparently drove behind them with its blue lights on and so the little convoy should have been spotted easily and early

However, pushing another car at 20 is not a sensible thing to do - but I have seen cars being towed many many times and 20 is about the safest speed to do that - and pushing is probably safer in case of having to brake unexpectedly

D

Deleted member 26715

Pushing one car with another on a public road. What could possibly go wrong?
Thank you for your input, do you have a relevant less obvious point to make? :laugh:

looking at the image it looks like there is no hard shoulder
hence the alternative was to leave the car at the side of the road???

if that is true then that would provide an even greater obstacle - although the 2 people oin the cars would at least have been safer as they should have left the cars
It sounds like initially they weren't on the A45 to start with but joined the A45 with their convoy

D

Deleted member 26715

He's sat at home on full pay, he's not going to push it is he, also depending how close he is to his 20 (not 100% sure) years service before taking his full pension it can then be swept under the carpet.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ah, thats good news. You would think that Couldn't Prosecute Satan would have sought the advice of someone qualified in the field before making a charging decision. That would save lots of time, money, and stress for an innocent person.

As a senior UDT trainer myself way back when I used to very occasionally be asked to review such matters for other forces - clearly in many cases the CPS have never read Section 3 of the criminal law act, Section 117 of PACE, Common Law, the ECHR, or Home Office guidance, and once youd actually looked at the profiled offender behaviour, impact factors, and legislation, things were often very different to the first-glance perception.

But not always.

I used to save myself grief and whenever id used force I would reference the legislation in my own statement, head off complaints at the pass. Over the years I've puched villains, planted my peg round their heads (on one occasion so hard the peg broke) and knee'd one in the man vegetables, every single instance tactically and legally justifiable.

I still teach cycle-specific UDT when (if I ever do again) I run my courses, different levels dependent on the group I'm training (SAR groups don't need to know about batons and ground pins, but do still need to know about safe positioning, tac comms, etc). Im also ticketed to teach cycling specific firearms carrying and techniques, but no UK force does this, its just a hangover from the IPMBAs US origins.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, that one had broken my arm and was continuing to pummel me. I needed to drop him before he killed me, but with one arm not working my options were suddenly very limited. 18+ stone of desperate Bobby through his space hoppers stopped him very effectively. Very justifiable under the circumstances.

But onlookers, with no UDT training or experience, no knowledge whatsover of the legislation, and ignorant of the fact that the chap had seriously hurt me, were giving it the "you can't do that!" And "thats police brutality!" bollards to me as we both lay in the road. (Him thoroughly incapacitated and screaming, me incapacitated as the waves of pain nausea caught up me).

Such folk are just ignorant twits with high opinions but no actual knowledge, and that is the case about 98% of the time when they complain of such matters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom