Aching and Fatigue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray316

Über Member
For the last week l have had a cold but still been out on my bike most evenings but noticed a dip in my cycling , l'm not cycling as fast as l usually do and when l try to up the speed find it hard work and legs are aching during and after cycling.
Can a simple thing like a cold cause aching and fatigue as otherwise l feel fine myself...

Peter10

Your body has been working overtime to overcome illness so it will be weaker than usual. It's the same reason why professional athletes will miss matches/events due to illness, they just wont be at the same standard as they can be. Also, besides the illness, the weather has change & the wind especially will slow you down. I hardly even noticed the wind on my face/body today until I looked up and saw trees swaying then realised how much slower I was going.

lukesdad

I used to ride with a cold, but I now dont there is no benefit in doing so if anything it knocks you back.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
been exactly the same as you for the last two weeks. also had a bit of a cold and something that really zonked me out for two days.

just starting to get my legs back now. but then last month i was at the end of a real strong period so i guess its just the time to come down off that high. it can't last all year round :sad:

Top Bottom