Aching thighs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauluk

Last week I only did my commute for two days and my legs were really sore, all down the front of my thighs. I couldn't understand this as I've been commuting for 3 to 5 days a week since about April apart from a 3 week lay off due to an infected leg caused by an insect bike. I've not changed the way I ride in terms of speed etc.

A couple of weeks ago I'd raised my saddle height about 1cm just as a trial. It seemed ok but found after a couple of rides I got saddle sore. So I put the seat back to its original height and sure enough the saddle sore went away.

About a week later my legs really hurt after 2 days (17 miles each) of commuting. Today I went out for a ride and found my seat had slipped down considerably (probably around 2cm) from its normal position, although I'd tightened the QR.

Could this have accounted for my sore thighs?

Before reading to the end of your post i thought "I bet he moved his saddle down further than it was before", then read on and saw the saddle had dropped 2cm. In short answer yes I think a low saddle has resulted in your sore thighs. The quads take a hammering from a low saddle, I notice it on a ride to the shops never mind a few days of commuting.

OP
OP
P

Pauluk

Well that will teach me to buy a cheap seat post clamp. I'll go back to my fixed clamp from now on :thumbsup: Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom