Action 100 - Bristol/Bath to London - 25 August 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

I've done it a couple of times, what do you want to know?

e-rider

crappy member
I know it's a good cause but the price of Action rides puts me off completely - I simply don't have that kind of money available for doing a cycle ride.

OP
OP
swiftylee

swiftylee

is it a good day out or is it serious stuff..

i don't think £65 is too much. you get a lift back plus your bike, plus you don't have to bother people fr money if you have already done a sponsored ride already this year..

will my carrera tdf make it that is what i would like to know..

U

User482

is it a good day out or is it serious stuff..

i don't think £65 is too much. you get a lift back plus your bike, plus you don't have to bother people fr money if you have already done a sponsored ride already this year..

will my carrera tdf make it that is what i would like to know..

It's been a few years, but as I recall, it was much more relaxed than a sportive type event. Looking at the route, I see they have you on the A420 to Chippenham. It's a pretty grim road for cycling in my opinion - I advise you to stick in a group for this section. The A4 from Chippenham to Newbury is surprisingly good - quiet for a trunk road and wide enough to avoid close passes. There's a fairly long climb on the A420 up to Marshfield but the A4 climbs are easier. It's pretty flat once you've climbed out of Marlborough. It's a pretty uninspiring route, but it does have the advantage of being very easy to navigate.

Last time I did it, there were showers, food and beer at the end. I had a few pints and slept on the coach all the way home.

Your bike will be fine - just make sure it's in good working order. Take it to a proper bike shop if you don't know how to service it yourself.

Top Bottom