Advanced search date range

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Shaun.

I just tried to use 'Advanced search' to look for something in an old thread. The date 'Newer than' and 'Older than' selectors only seem to cover +/- 10 years of the current date. That does not make a lot of sense!

Searching for something that might be posted in 10 years time...? :whistle:

In the other direction... I wanted to search for posts made 12 or 13 years ago but the selectors did not go back that far.

I could probably type in the actual date range that I wanted but it would make sense for those date selectors to cover the range from when the forum started to the current date. Any chance of changing them?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi Colin!
I did an advance search - just your name, threads older than 2012, no keywords.
I got a long list, here is the first on the list.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Hi Colin!
I did an advance search - just your name, threads older than 2012, no keywords.
I got a long list, here is the first on the list.
Thanks, Pat.

I think that you must have either clicked the left scroll arrow over 100 times to select 2012 or typed the date in?

What I did was to click on the year. That pops up a list of years to choose from but only shows 2014-2034.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I think that you must have either clicked the left scroll arrow over 100 times to select 2012
Yes I did.
I agree that those kind of menus are annoying.
CC is not the only site using them: a few times I had to select my year of birth ....1963!
What a pita, took ages!
Hopefully when @Shaun has a minute, he can substitute them for something more user friendly.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I just tried typing a year in (2012). That didn't work. I tried again as year-month (2012-12) and that did work so I will use that method until the list alternative works for searches going back more than a decade.

Top Bottom