Advantages of working from home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I manage to work from home a few days a week on average and there are advantages and disadvantages.

The main advantage of course is that a lunchtime bike ride is easily achievable

The disadvantage is the biscuit barrel.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The disadvantage is the biscuit barrel.
We used to have a tradition at work that the birthday boy/girl brought in cakes, biscuits, chocs etc. for everyone to share. That was bad enough because almost every week it would be somebody's birthday and there would be a table full of tempting fattening goodies. Then people started bringing in extra goodies on the other days ... :whistle:

I'm generally pretty good at not picking up junky snacks from the shops, but not good at resisting them when they are literally handed to me on a plate!

I normally cycle to work, so that's 35km/day. Most recent time I worked from home I was struggling with a problem and kept planning to head out for a ride in a couple of minutes.

Suddenly it was 6pm, I'd worked 10 hours with barely a coffee break and my partner was home.

I do less cycling (and walking) when I'm working from home. But because people keep buying 5 donuts for 69p from Sainsburys at my work, there was less snacking at home too.

Top Bottom