Advice and securing my bike please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I

Iona

Thank you everyone for your replies :smile:

It is hard to believe how small my house is, but it is a tiny 1 up 1 down with 2 people living in it and already and barely any room :sad: . It might me possible for me to hang them up in the porch using one of those wall hanging bike racks suggested, but I wouldn't be able to do that right now as we are waiting for the porch to be re-plastered and if we tried to attach anything to the wall right now it would just crumble and fall off!

We are planning to attach the bikes to a large metal fan/vent from the takeaway downstairs, however there is no way a d-lock would fit around it so that would probably have to be attached to the metal attaching the fan to the wall and the chain around the fan. I am thinking of following the advice on here and getting a abus granite d-lock and a big chain and padlock - is it better to have a lock padlock or a combination one?

I will also get something to cover them as suggested and I'm already waiting for a motion sensor light to be installed :smile:

We do get a fair few passers by, but I will be keeping the bikes on the flat roof of the extension downstairs, so they wouldn't be obviously visible walking past, you need to look up a little, or go up our steps. It isn't an ideal situation but I want to make the best of it.

Thanks again for all your replies, any more suggestions gratefully received :smile:

Top Bottom