Advice for Beginner (after 30 years!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rhb123

Regular
Tell us all about it. What did you get?????? We're excited for you. Photo's are always appreciated.

I brought a Brompton actually, as even at my age I fancy getting away in there summer time. I'm really unfit and have not been out much yet, due to the cold weather. But as soon as the ground dries a bit, and its a touch warmer, I'll start slowly and build up over the summer.

I brought a Brompton actually, as even at my age I fancy getting away in there summer time. I'm really unfit and have not been out much yet, due to the cold weather. But as soon as the ground dries a bit, and its a touch warmer, I'll start slowly and build up over the summer.

I restarted almost 2 years ago when I was 73, also with a folder - a Dahon, not a Brommie (I don't like 16"wheels, 20" is plenty small enough for me!). Seciure storage issues and my height (or rather lack thereof) combined with the ability to hoik the thing onto a bus or into a car boot sent me in the direction of a folder - and I love it.
Starting slowly and taking it all very easily is the way to go; you'll be on your way to the coast or the hills before you know it!

Top Bottom