Advice needed for LeJog!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Hi everyone, i am planning to complete LeJog next year for charity in around 10 days and was wondering is you could help me decide on which bike to choose.
Firstly i must say i come from a xc mountain biking past, so road biking if new to me! I can't decide wether to go for a basic road bike or a tourer?
Is the Specialized Allez a good bet, Trek 1.2?
Thanks for your time.

snorri

Legendary Member
Have you thought about what sort of cycling you will do after LEJoG? This would influence your choice, unless you don't intend doing any more cycling. I did it on a hybrid and enjoyed the touring aspect so bought a tourer afterwards.
The best choice of bike will also be influenced by your plan of attack, . Do you intend carrying a full load of camping gear, or travelling light and staying at B&Bs?

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

I will be staying in youth hostels so will hopefully not be carrying too much equipment! After the ride i hope to continue riding as part of my uni cycling club. Rides are usually around 50-90 miles.
Am i right in thinking the difference between a tourer and a racer is mainly the ride position and weight? Do you think the Allez would be a good choice for long rides?
Thanks

Tynan

Veteran
there's some fully serious forums and boards on the web for this, beginners ain't the right place fella

best of luck

longers

Legendary Member
darkstar said:
ok thanks everyone, sorry to waste time!

Not wasting time at all, but you'll hopefully get better answers in more appropriate locations on here.

and :tongue:

Top Bottom