Advice needed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

don'ttelltheboy

Hello everyone!
I'm looking for some advice. I'm hoping to enrole my boyfriend into one of the amatuer road races for his 30th birthday next year as a surprise. Ideally it would be in Europe.......I had been thinking of maybe the Paris-Roubaix or the stage open to the public at Le Tour de France. Basically I'm looking for any advice as to how I go about doing this and what race you think would be best?? He's quite an old school road racer, likes a real challenge, cycles ALOT adn I fancy a wee trip abroad ;-)

All help will be very much appreciated!!

don'ttelltheboy!! x

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hello

Welcome to the forum!

Just a few questions: you say he rides a lot, how many miles are we talking as what seems a lot to a person who doesn't cycle might not be all that much to a cyclist.

What type of racing doe he do and what do you mean by old school road racer?

This will give an idea of where to start from - there will be plenty of options in Europe - do you have an idea of when ie month you'd prefer to go?

I think you can do a section of the Roubaix that the Pros do but I'm not clued up on that- someone else will probably know

OP
OP
D

don'ttelltheboy

Hello, thank you for your reply.
I guess I should've been more specific, in comparison to me (I only do about 10 miles a day commute) he cycles alot. He does as many 100mile TT's as he can, he usually does 3 x 80 mile rides a week, he's cycled up to 150miles a day for 5 days in a row and he's part of a cycling club who he races with........ when I said old school I mean that he loves the old classics, watching DVD's of the old races and says how amazing it would be to do one, that's why I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to apply to do an amatuer 'classics' if it's even possible. I can't seem to find anything on the internet that's of help.....as for the month, probably anytime would do, if I manage to pull this off I'm sure he wouldn't be bothered if it was near his birthday or not.

Thank you! :-)

Top Bottom