Advice on a cycle carrier wanted (Thoughts of folks with Renault Scénics would be particularly usefu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesM

I bought a Peruzzo Verona 3 cycle carrier today. The manufacturer's website claims it should be compatible with our car but I'm not sure where to fix the bottom straps.

On the attached image, they're attached to the bottom, near an anchoring point of the trim. The trim is plastic though and flexes a bit - the instructions say not to fix them to plastic.

The bottom of the boot lid isn't an option as that is plastic and is flexible too. I'm thinking above the number plate, where you open the boot, might be the best bet? It's still plastic but it's a lot more solid.

Any thoughts?

OP
OP
JamesM

JamesM

I put a similar post on renaultforums.co.uk and a helpful mod there pointed out that I might have got big toggles to replace the hooks. I had seen those and kind of discounted them as I didn't see how I'd get them in the boot with the carrier on.

I just detached the straps altogether and put them in (and leading out of) the boot before closing it and then starting to mount the carrier.

Job's a good 'un!!!

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom