advice on a new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveyM

Über Member
Mate everyone seems to rate Triban 3 from a company called B'twin ( search for Decatholon cycles) a fair bit cheaper and a very similar spec list. Give you a bit more hard earned cash to spend on accesories.

Have to say my opinion is limited as I am fairly new to road bikes myself.

Most bike shops are friendly places and will let you have a good look at bikes, so go and have a look coz what looks great online might not look so hot in the shop.

Good luck in choosing

Oldspice

If you like it buy it, at least you will be purchasing from a shop like Evans. make sure you have a size that is right for you.
We all start somewhere and that bike looks way prettier than a Triban .

Typhon

Mate everyone seems to rate Triban 3 from a company called B'twin ( search for Decatholon cycles) a fair bit cheaper and a very similar spec list. Give you a bit more hard earned cash to spend on accesories.

Have to say my opinion is limited as I am fairly new to road bikes myself.

Most bike shops are friendly places and will let you have a good look at bikes, so go and have a look coz what looks great online might not look so hot in the shop.

Good luck in choosing

Yep that's pretty much what I was going to say. I have a Triban 3 as I am relatively new to cycling and almost 500 miles later I love it more than ever and for £300 it's great value. It seems to be similar in spec to the Claud Butler one but I have to agree with Oldspice, it does look cooler!

dharma66

Regular
And don't just click a buy button. The first one you showed us is available only in 56cm frame, the second only on 48 or 50. Chances are at least one of those bikes will be the wrong size for you.

Best to get down to an actual shop and try them on for size.

Top Bottom