Advice on following bikes thinking of buying?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polite

Über Member
Bianchi Camaleonte Sport 1 Alu Acera 2013 Bike

Versus

Specialized Sirrus 2013 Hybrid Bike

vickster

Legendary Member
Bianchi...be a bit different ;)

OP
OP
Polite

Polite

Über Member
Good question, and I'm not sure Ben. I'm undecided in that I have an old Dawes (hybrid) which I use for work and I'm now thinking of a luxury second bike for weekends etc. Space is an issue but .... let' suppose there's up to £500 to spend, what would you suggest?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I have the Sirrus Elite Disc 2013 and it is a brilliant bike, but if you want a luxury second bike for the weekend, I would be tempted to go for a road bike. If you are limited to £500, have you thought about going second hand?

It is great having the choice between the hybrid and a road bike.

fudgepanda

I can't claim to be an expert as I only went back to cycling a few months ago after a break of, er, well decades actually, and I bought myself a Bianchi Camaleonte, although the "3" which is a few hundred more. Mine has a complete Shimano groupset of Deore with triple chainset, hydraulic discs and hubs by the same manufacturer. Admittedly I've only covered about 250 miles but so far, after riding it in good weather or bad, it still looks great as it really scrubs up well. I was also surprised how comfortable the ride is, although at the moment the tyres are pumped up to max pressure which I find a bit too harsh. I think I could do with losing a few pounds of pressure.....actually I think my waist could do with the same treatment.

Top Bottom