Advice please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

missy88

Hi, joined here for some advice if possible. My other half would like a new bike but as they are quite pricey i'm saving to get him one for xmas but the problem is he is a bit fussy. He likes the Carrera, voodoo and specialized brands but he is 6ft6" tall so i'm struggling to find a decent bike that is going to be big enough.
Any ideas anyone??
Budget is approx £400

cd365

Guru
He's too tall for cycling, can you cut his legs off at the knees? :laugh:

Have you tried taking him into Halfords and getting him to sit on a bike for size? You also haven't said what sort of bike he would like, road, hybrid, mountain etc

boydj

Legendary Member
Go to a decent bike shop and get a gift voucher - that way he gets to choose the bike and you can be sure he'll get one that fits.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Hi, joined here for some advice if possible. My other half would like a new bike but as they are quite pricey i'm saving to get him one for xmas but the problem is he is a bit fussy. He likes the Carrera, voodoo and specialized brands but he is 6ft6" tall so i'm struggling to find a decent bike that is going to be big enough.
Any ideas anyone??
Budget is approx £400

What type of riding will he be doing? Halfords have the Boardman Race Hybrid on offer at £430 at the moment. I'm planning to get one as my n+1

matthat

Über Member

Mo1959

Legendary Member
This is the size but has front suspension :sad: Probably not what he wants?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/scott/sportster-x50-2013-hybrid-bike-ec042461

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm 6ft and have an XL sirrus so a XXL version if available would probably be a good choice!

Sorry, looking at the US Website and the Sirrus(520.00 US) seems to only go to 57cm on the basic Sirrus. You can get a Sirrus Limited (US $2200,) in a 64 cm. Sirrus is a compact frame, and that may be big enough, depends.

Top Bottom