Advice sought for a pie maker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’d probably have a go with a bread dough too and make a sort of piezone.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’ve read some reviews of the pie maker where users have replaced the pastry with one of those tortilla wraps instead and had pleasing results. I’m not quite sure how it’s done but I’d probably give it a go. Must be do-able in a conventional oven too.
yes my OH gave me a recipe to make with tortilla wraps. I cant remember the details as to whether a pie quiche pasty or otherwise, but it was satisfactory and healthy.

stephec

Legendary Member
I bought one from Lidl about ten years ago, the results weren't brilliant and it ended up as one of those novelty kitchen appliances that inhabits the back of a cupboard.

stephec

Legendary Member
And if you have an induction hob you can use it to fire up a dutch oven ( cast iron deep pot that can be used for baking )
  • The dutch oven is also the official state cooking pot of Texas and Arkansas.
You're not quoting from Roger Mellie's Profanisaurus then? 😂

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I plumped for the Giles & Posner and he's delighted with it. I'll report back once he's made some pies. I'm very tempted to get one myself.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Yes do please post back about it!
Eh? Nowt less than messrs Pies by Post's inaugural delivery expected here!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I've been on a pastry making course this afternoon. We used one of those pie makers to cook our pies.

Pretty smart things. Even have a two-sided cutter - one for the base and one for the top.
And they save putting the oven on.
2022-09-10 16.08.24.jpg

Top Bottom