After a long harsh winter...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The long harsh winter practically killed my bike, so I decided to give it a little treat... replaced the wheels, with Mavic Open Pro's on Tiagra hubs and double butted spokes married to a pair of Schwalbe Lugano tyres, new brake pads, new cassette, new middle chainring, new chain and new jockey wheels.

And boy, does the bike feel a lot stiffer (no jokes please)... feels like a totally different bike and I can really feel every ounce of my energy going through the bike now. Been riding it for a few weeks now and average speed is up by 2mph, commuting into central London, with less effort being used as well. I think my previous Bontrager Race Lite hard case tyres would've made it even quicker but I found they cut up quite badly after only 2,500 miles, so decided to try something different.

Down side is that I'm just over £200 poorer... but loving it!!

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Nice. I'm doing a similar thing. Just replaced the useless Tektro Oryx cantos with vs, new wheels being built and will need to replace the middle chainring. By the time I'm done it'll be ready for next winter !

Top Bottom