Afternoon everyone...newbie to the site here.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malcky

Hi folks, hope you are all doing well?

I have now taken the plunge and started to commute to and from work on my GT Aggressor XC2 mountain bike which is 17 mile trip each way but reckon its time i look into changing the tyres to slicks instead of the massive knobblies that came with the GT so would love to hear your suggestions/recommendations.

Halfords here in the UK have an offer on for the Schwalbe City Jets at £12 each if they are any good?

I know this will make my mtb look a bit silly having such skinny tyres on it, but its a stop gap until i can aford getting a proper road bike.

Thanks folks. Malcky

peppyuk

WTTC

You will certainly notice the difference using slicks to commute that far.

vigomag

Über Member
Hi I did the same for the Rigdeback MX2 that I have and couldnt beleive the difference the City Jet tyres I understand they are pucture resistant too if such a tyre really exists I got mine off ebay for 20 for the pair....infact the tyres made such a difference I went out and purchased a Boardman hydrid so be warned :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

malcky

Hi I did the same for the Rigdeback MX2 that I have and couldnt beleive the difference the City Jet tyres I understand they are pucture resistant too if such a tyre really exists I got mine off ebay for 20 for the pair....infact the tyres made such a difference I went out and purchased a Boardman hydrid so be warned :biggrin:

Haha its funny you mention the Boardman hybrid as i was looking at them on the halfords website as well, but will wait till the cycle to work scheme opens up again which is not until march though (unless this scheme is available throughout the year, but i dont think so).
Which boardman did you end up getting?

Top Bottom