Ageing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Boab, you're front light on the old racer, i've still got the same one. Ever Ready, I think. Very heavy, but nice and dependable. Works well too!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
ha!...not anymore that one dont ..it came off in the middle of th enight as I was riding around the arc de triumph...I remember getting off the bike and crawling on all fours in the middle of all that traffic trying to recover all the bits!...'course the scotch in the water bottles had nothing to do with it.

ChrisKH

Guru
BigonaBianchi said:
ha!...not anymore that one dont ..it came off in the middle of th enight as I was riding around the arc de triumph...I remember getting off the bike and crawling on all fours in the middle of all that traffic trying to recover all the bits!...'course the scotch in the water bottles had nothing to do with it.

Sounds like a good trip to me! My trip in the same year involved waking up in Kent somewhere to find the tent and bikes covered in snow and my cycling companion had donned all my spare clothes in the middle of the night because of the cold. Those were the days. Your trip sounded better.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

we had a blast...2 mates from skool and I...we just grabbed some maps, our bikes and some gear and legged it down to paris...the long way..along the coast!...free for the first time ever...loads of great memories...there was the Youth hostel which was also the lunatic asylum...the flying bike incident...the oopps I'm stuck on top of the bog cubicle door incident...the sleeping rough...the wheel stuck in the ferry gangplank incident...the flirty french waitress who I had to leave in Dieppe (without a tip)....then we had the shoot in the cornfield while somebody stole the bike...and who could forget the Huge plastic ivory elephant incident....

just a few of the highlights!

BigonaBianchi said:
really?...why's that then?

streamlining :evil:

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

...I remember it hurt when it got wet..it was leather. The bike was a peugot I think.

See that small orange roll on the back?...thats a survival bag....or my 'tent' as it was back then!

Top Bottom