alan racing bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TAV

Guru
IM SELLING MY ALAN RACING BIKE 56CM LOOKING FOR £370 ANYBODY INTERESTED.

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 112

lilolee

Veteran
Make more of an effort.

This looks really nice, with Modolo brakes etc.

List all of the kit, more photos and really this should go on http://www.retrobike.co.uk as they lap this sort of stuff up.

I'm not a prospective buyer but it's a lovely looking bike you have there.
+1 but only as it's far too small. It's a really lovely looking bike. IIRC you haven't had it very long have you?

I am with lilolee though. The devil is in the detail when advertising something like this. Loads of photos, close ups of the lug work, fine details, mechs etc, and really describe it as if your describing your first love :wub:

FWIW. If I was photographing this bike I'd level the bars and adjust the levers accordingly, (this would also allow you to re-tape the bars and cover the lever clamps as well), put the chain on the big ring and the small sprocket, level the crank arms, put a valve cap on the rear tube and position the tyre logos symmetrically, and if possible get it outside in the daylight. Maybe a local park or something when the sun's shining :sun:

It may sound anal and unnecessary, but as I said, the devil is in the detail.

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

OP
OP
TAV

TAV

Guru
THANKS FOR THE REPLY SMOKEY YOUR RIGHT WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID ABOUT THE PHOTS AND THE DETAILS I BOUGHT THE BIKE FOR 500 HUNDRED ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO IT CAME WITH ROLF WHEELS BUT THEY WERE THE WRONG WHEELS THEY HAD A 9 SPEED CASSETT ON IT.SO I STRIPPED THE BIKE DOWN THE STEM WAS TO LONG SO I BOUGHT A NEW ONE THE FRAME IS LIKE BRAND NEW AND IT HAS CAMPAGNOLO SUPER RECORD PARTS ON IT REAR DERALIER CHAINSET SEAT POST HEADSET AND I JUST BOUGHT THE WHEELS THEY ARE CAMP RECORD HUBS ON MAVIC RIMS STRAIGHT AS A DIE AND CAMP SQEWERS.

I WAS GOING TO DO IT UP AS IN A NEW SADDLE FOR THE YEAR AND PEDALS AND CAMPAGNOLO LEVERS BUT I THOUGHT WHEN AM I GOING TO RIDE IT PROBERLY ONCE OR TWICE A YEAR AND IBOUGHT CAMPAGNOLO RECORD DOWN LEVERS AND WATER BOTTLE CAGE I DONT KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO IVE GOT 28 WATCHERS ON EBAY WITH 7 DAYS TO GO

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg