Alcester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi

Heading down south to see the in-laws but stopping off in Alcester for a couple of nights so my wife can do her family research stuff there.

I'll have my bike with me so any recommendations as where I could cycle? It's a CX bike so can go off-road.

Only looking for a shortish spin - 25/30miles as I don't intend being out too long.

All info greatly appreciated

Good morning,

My daily commute is Worcester to Redditch which is slightly west of Alcester and if you want to stay on the road, this loop is quite pleasent for me.

1691548584557.png

Although the bottom line is an A road, it is an A road from nowhere to nowhere so it is pretty quite.

The red line is a slightly busy road, but it is a good road surface and if you ride it with a tailwind can be a nice high speed blast.

The middle black line is an almost unused country road, that is noticably uphill going east to west.

The yellow line is more noticebly uphill going east to west, but the vertical bit is a quite busy road.

There are lots of roads joing these roads up if you want to tweak the distance or get lost and they are mostly empty country lanes.

Adding in the couple of miles from Alcester, the yellow, red, bottom black would be a nice 30ish miles, probably harder if done clockwise and have very few miles on busy roads.

Or you could go in another direction but I hear that there may be dragons over there.:laugh:

Bye

Ian

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Ian

Excellent, thanks for that - I'll see if I can create something on Strava from that info. Part of the problem of creating routes is you don't know what the roads are actually like!

Good evening,
Ian

Excellent, thanks for that - I'll see if I can create something on Strava from that info. Part of the problem of creating routes is you don't know what the roads are actually like!
Don't trust people on the internet; :laugh:

This morning at around Feckenam I realised that I had got confused, so reverse the lines that say
The yellow line is more noticebly uphill going east to west, but the vertical bit is a quite busy road.
to
The yellow line is more noticebly uphill going west to east but the vertical bit is a quite busy road.

but not the clockwise references.

I did contemplate saying that as you are driving south it made sense but .....:laugh:

Bye

Ian

Top Bottom