Aldi cycle clothes schedule.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Hi,

Im Really wanting to try clipless pedals and shoes, however my budget is tight.

I have read that lidl did some shoes that take the clips for about £20.

Does aldi have a schedule for when it has its cycling bargains, or are is it just a case of watching the webiste? With summer approaching, they should be doing something soon, shouldnt they?

eBay is your best bet - there are used shoes there of course but you also get some of the business sellers putting new shoes up for auction - expect to pay £20-30 for a reasonable pair. I'd stick to the mainstream makers Carnac,Diadora,Sidi,Specialized etc.

There are two types of pedal spd and spd sl - some shoes take both but others are one system only.

If it's a business seller ask about the fitting for the shoe - some like Shimano have a narrow fitting and you may need to go one size bigger than your normal foot size.

eBay

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_...&_nkw=cycling+shoes&_sacat=See-All-Categories

buddha

Veteran
I was in Lidl on Thursday. They still had about 6-7 pairs of cycle shoes that initially went on sale months ago. So worth a try if it's local.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
+ on ebay

I got my shoes for about £17 and they are still going strong..

As for clothes i went aldi last year and now i am hounding ebay as i find with luck i can pick up stuff for 1/2 the price of aldi.

MajorMantra

My first pair of Lidl shoes were ok but the second one was rubbish - the cleat mounting plate was made of cheese. I returned them.

To be honest I think you're better off getting some cheap shoes from a mainstream manufacturer. You should still be able to go clipless for about £50 including pedals if you shop around.

Matthew

Top Bottom