Aldi cycling gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CJ87

Popped in Aldi this afternoon to buy some cheap plonk for a BBQ (I'm cheap I know) and they've got a few cycling bits and bobs in. Took a punt on a £2.99 pair of cycling glasses (Yellow lens), seem to brighten things up pretty well and feel/look ok.

Well worth 3 pounds if you don't mind wearing Aldi glasses!

I bought a LIDL pair earlier this year for about the same cost, with three interchangeable lenses. They steam up a little at stops on days like today but IMO they have been really good value.

HLaB said:
I bought a LIDL pair earlier this year for about the same cost, with three interchangeable lenses. They steam up a little at stops on days like today but IMO they have been really good value.

I got some of those too. Liked the zippy case and pouches for the lenses. Get the feeling that changing the lenses too often wouldn't do the retaining slot much good though.

OP
OP
C

CJ87

beanzontoast said:
I got some of those too. Liked the zippy case and pouches for the lenses. Get the feeling that changing the lenses too often wouldn't do the retaining slot much good though.

Yah no doubt these things aren't top quality but for less than a fiver I was pleased as punch, don't really understand how Aldi/Lidl can sell their cycling gear so cheaply!

CJ87 said:
Yah no doubt these things aren't top quality but for less than a fiver I was pleased as punch, don't really understand how Aldi/Lidl can sell their cycling gear so cheaply!

You have to be a bit careful - some of it is good, some not so IME. I'm pretty selective about what gear I buy there nowadays.

longers

Legendary Member
I got the ALDI glasses with interchangeable lenses last year but they didn't fit and I've passed them on to someone who they do fit.

I got a couple of pairs of shorts and they most definitely don't fit me :biggrin:.

But I did get two of the L/S jerseys last year and they have been excellent :sad:.

longers said:
I got the ALDI glasses with interchangeable lenses last year but they didn't fit and I've passed them on to someone who they do fit.

I got a couple of pairs of shorts and they most definitely don't fit me :biggrin:.

But I did get two of the L/S jerseys last year and they have been excellent :sad:.

If only they had changing rooms - it's such fun trying stuff on in the aisles! :biggrin:

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Off Topic (a bit), but one of this Thursdays specials is ostrich steaks. Thats something you don't find in Tesco. :biggrin:

stephec

Legendary Member
mr_cellophane said:
Off Topic (a bit), but one of this Thursdays specials is ostrich steaks. Thats something you don't find in Tesco. :biggrin:

I had an Ostrich burger from a burger van in Grimsby a few weeks ago, it tasted no different from a normal burger, mind you it was probably full of flavourings. The one thing thay did point out was that the meat is a lot lower in fat than beef though.

I'll be down to Aldi this week for the real thing.

shimano

I bought a pair of Aldi's cycling sunspecs the other day and really like them. Comfy to wear and the wraparound style means I've still got peripheral vision. Also picked up one of their Universal bike locks - a combination lock with a 1.5 m wire. My D lock seems awfully heavy by comparison but doubt the wire one will have the same protection. I'll avoid tying up to bollards anyway...

Top Bottom