Aldi thermal undies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
If the material is anything like their ls jersey that has a fleece like lining.. it will get you sweaty, hot, bad tempered and cold all at the same time.
Just an opinion.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
A fleece base layer ;)
These are probably (although the website is unclear) £19.98 for the set. For this price you can buy something much better (and probably cheaper).
Look at www.mountainwarehouse.com with a code which I can't find at present.

I must be either dim, doing somethign wrong or both as I can't get the webpage to see anything when I search for CTW20, sorry!
They do have a good range of clothing there though.
Whilst I'm here I might as well ask the newbie clothing questions, as all I seem to read about is base layers, Gilets windproof jackets etc and I feel like I need a cycling-to-English phrasebook sometimes!
Currently I are mostly wearin' a long-sleeved cycling shirt (Aldi special), long troos (again Aldi) and a Ventura Luminite breathable jacket. If it's more chilly I put a normal cotton tee shirt under this lot, but feel for frosty-cold mornings I could benefit from a long-sleeved undergarment. Now, I keep seeing the term 'base layer' bandied about and haven't managed to pin down what that is. Does my current cycling shirt count as a base layer or is said base layer to go under that?
Yours, confused or Crowland! ;) :wacko:

Randochap

Senior hunter
Says they're hydrophilic, but it's not exactly clear (from photo) how heavy these are. It's not often one needs bottoms/long-johns as a good pair of shorts with cycling tights over are usually enough, except for the coldest weather (which UK doesn't usually get).

They certainly are inexpensive.

I have a base-layer page linked from the sidebar of the Winter Cycling page, below.

Thanks fer that Randochap, explains a lot. I've seen merino baselayers in a coupole of places so I might give 'em a try.
Concur with what you say about legs, the Aldi longs I've got were cheap but ar thicker on the front and thus far have kept me warm enough, I just need a bit more body wrapping.

Top Bottom