Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soup890

Crazy
When people say I bought my cycle tights from Aldi. Do they mean Aldi the supermarket? I don't understand, I looked on their website, and there is no cycling clothing.

Custom24

Über Member
Yes the supermarket. Both Lidl and Aldi have two kinds of stock - regular stock and "specials". The latter could be fishing gear one week and DIY stuff the next. You need to sign up to their newsletters to get a heads up on what's coming in. Most of the sports related specials stuff is made by their own brands, and the quality is variable.

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
Yes the supermarket. Both Lidl and Aldi have two kinds of stock - regular stock and "specials". The latter could be fishing gear one week and DIY stuff the next. You need to sign up to their newsletters to get a heads up on what's coming in. Most of the sports related specials stuff is made by their own brands, and the quality is variable.
Any links?

Custom24

Über Member
As for cycle clothing, the consensus, and my own experience, is that Aldi is slightly better than Lidl. Both are significantly less costly and less quality than what an LBS would sell.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Keep an eye on here - when Aldi do a cycling ''special'' someone always posts it up on here before I can round to reading their blurb. It's pretty much the same with LiDL. They're having one of their ''specials'' and there's a recent thread bobbing up around the top at the moment. (Aldi's supplier is branded ''Crane'' and it's slightly better quality than LiDL's equivalent ''Crivit'')

nazzurro19

the pump the wedgie bag and gloves all seem a bargain, the bag is the version that comes with a clip rather then velcro and includes tools :smile:

Top Bottom