Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

are flogging bathroom scales ATM which measure body fat, muscle, bone and water for £12.95 and having bought one feel very lardy now :sad:

They also tell you how heavy you are ^_^

That is all !

albion

Guru
How the heck can do they do that?

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

They have a contact plate on each side which runs a very small current though you to measure all sorts of resistance. You have to put in your sex, height, age etc

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

You go through and put in the age sex, height stand on it in bare feet and it does a calculation. They sell similar in Argos as well by weight watchers and Salter but are about £30

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
For most people the only meaningful reading is the weight. Anything else is superfluous and meaningless to most folk. Even weight is open to different interpretations regarding health and BMI.

Noodley

The large amount of trousers and shirts hanging in my wardrobe that no longer fit me tell me that I am lardy

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The large amount of trousers and shirts hanging in my wardrobe that no longer fit me tell me that I am lardy

The large trousers and shirts hanging unused in my wardrobe tell me that I'm not as lardy as I was. :thumbsup:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

The large amount of suits and trousers given away last year / sold on eBay tell me I'm no longer lardy.

I've still got others in there that are just too big. The waaaay too big ones have gone.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

For most people the only meaningful reading is the weight. Anything else is superfluous and meaningless to most folk. Even weight is open to different interpretations regarding health and BMI.

It runs a bit deeper for me as by all normal measurements, I am of a healthy BMI and you look at me and I'm of a normal healthy appearance (lol), I am however a type 2 diabietic and the fat percentage is affecting my liver and pancreas. Irrespective of whether it is mega accurate or not, if it is consistent in its readings, then I can get an idea of whether I'm going in the right direction. I'm hoping to find the gadget a useful device - I just need to get a nice roadie which fits me for sensible money now so I can get my exercise levels up without knackering my knee completely :smile:

ASC1951

Guru
You go through and put in the age sex, height stand on it in bare feet and it does a calculation.
Yes, they do a calculation i.e. not a measurement. The supposed percentages bear no relation to your actual body; and even if they did, that has very little to do with health.

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Yes, they do a calculation i.e. not a measurement. The supposed percentages bear no relation to your actual body; and even if they did, that has very little to do with health.

The research which has been undertaken into my condition shows a strong correlation between what the scales are telling me and their own findings. I am working under the guidance of the professor in Newcastle who is leading the way with this. Short of an MRI scan, there is no other way of measuring it as I am within 'healthy' weight range - am not 'obese' (5'10" @ 11,1/2 stone) but need to drop about 1,1/2 stone according to the advice by him to get it all working properly again.

Orange

You can get (more expensive) scales, that do measurements of all this too. They tend to have hand grips and are quite complicated - mine especially so as it's all in Japanese!

OP
OP
Linford

Linford

Further to this. I can confirm that the water measurement thing works :becool: . I measured mine thus morning after a could of glasses of red, and it came out at 45.4%, took a pee, measured again, and the then showed 44.5% ^_^

Top Bottom