Alex rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deanE

I need to replace the rims on my Specialized Sirrus. They are Alex DA16s. can anyone point me to a supplier. Google has let me down and response from Alex only pointed me to the German distributor. Alternatively, does anyone know of a compatible rim. Don’t want to have to buy all new spokes.

Zakalwe

How many spokes are there? Any rim with the same number of spoke holes will do. I'd probably guess its 32, in which case Mavic cpx22 are cheap and solid.

lulubel

Über Member
Are you planning to rebuild them yourself? If you are, then you'll probably know that you need rims with the same ERD as your Alex rims if the existing spokes are going to fit. This is affected, as Zakalwe said, by the rim depth. A deeper rim will have a smaller ERD, and shallower rim will have a larger ERD. Find out the ERD of your Alex rims and you can replace them with any rims with a braking surface that have the same number of spoke holes and the same (or very similar) ERD.

Alternatively, if you're not rebuilding them yourself, take them to your lbs, say, "I need new rims," and let them deal with it.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I put some RS80s in place of my mavic CPX22's. Up until that point I didnt realise just how 'cheap' theyd been. I use the CPX's on my commuter CX now as I dont mind trashing them.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Alex rims are a popular choice on ready-built bikes but they're not readily available after-market. I'd look to replace with Mavic, DT or Rigida. The latter offering a good price v performance combination.

Top Bottom