Ali McGill Dunfermline Sportive - 23 Oct 11

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thehairycycler

I might give this a go, just done the challenge on the P4S and done it no problem, think I might give the long route a go just have to see if i'm off that weekend or not

Fubar

Guru
Hi

Is there any minimum speed/time for the shorter (50 mile) route? I fancy doing this off the back of PfS and it is on my doorstep, but I'm not the fastest - I did email the organisers via the website but no reply (as yet).

Cheers, Mark

Hi

Is there any minimum speed/time for the shorter (50 mile) route? I fancy doing this off the back of PfS and it is on my doorstep, but I'm not the fastest - I did email the organisers via the website but no reply (as yet).

Cheers, Mark

Up the road for the 81 mile Etape Caledonia they suggest
participants will need to maintain an average speed of 13mph around the course
, based on that for 50miles you'd be looking at 3hours, 51 ish.

Fubar

Guru
Thanks HLaB, what I meant was is that a minimum requirement to enter or is entry open to anyone? I would hope to complete round about the 4 hour mark however couldn't guarantee it.

Cheers, Mark

Thanks HLaB, what I meant was is that a minimum requirement to enter or is entry open to anyone? I would hope to complete round about the 4 hour mark however couldn't guarantee it.

Cheers, Mark
If you have the money it'll be open to you. The only restrictions that have been on the Sportives I have done is a helmet and a ban on TT bars. On the time front its only a guide with the Etape they reopen the roads if you are slower but you can still finish; closed roads are not an issue with the Dunfermline Sportive anyway, enjoy.

Col5632

Guru
Im giving the shorter route a bash, dont think ill do any real miles until i get a road bike :blush:

Top Bottom