All Roads Lead To Surrey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
Hi folks,

Nice forum, great to see it so active. ;)

I'm looking for some advice, and as a rider I think that cyclists tend to know the roads better than car drivers do.

I'm doing some filming in Surrey next year, and am looking for a quiet, reasonably straight road, ideally with some kind of layby or parking area too. Countryside would be best, but if there were a few houses around it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Our other locations will be around Guildford and Epsom, so anywhere in that area would be perfect. Google links or OS references would really help too.

And no, it's not a film about dogging. :smile:

Cheers,
t

Not quite sure whether this is sufficiently quiet for you or not but 'Ranmore Common Road' wouldn't be a bad bet perhaps? The name is recognised in GoogleMaps ok.

Otherwise there are a number of fairly suitable roads to the E of Ewhurst Green I'd have thought.

HTH,
S

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
simon_adams_uk said:
Not quite sure whether this is sufficiently quiet for you or not but 'Ranmore Common Road' wouldn't be a bad bet perhaps? The name is recognised in GoogleMaps ok.

Otherwise there are a number of fairly suitable roads to the E of Ewhurst Green I'd have thought.

HTH,
S

Thanks for that - we visited last week and even managed to film a few bits. The small (and very well kept) road outside the church and the back of the winery was perfect.

We noticed that each car that passed, in either direction, was full of pensioners, and concluded that there must be a tea shop at one end of Ranmore Common Road, and a bookies at the other. :biggrin:

Safe cycling,

Tony

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Blackbrook Road/Henfold Lane southeast of Dorking, running toward Newdigate, is good - and the fishing club has the best breakfasts.

Top Bottom