Alps Cycling Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jenic

Über Member
Just posted Episode 3 now :smile:

View: https://youtu.be/AbU3jFomi1c

dodgy

I know all those routes very well, we had booked for SAmoens as always in July but couldn't go, some bug or other going around.

Have they opened up 'la ravine' so you can get to La Ramaz from Taninges now? It has been closed for a few years.

OP
OP
J

jenic

Über Member
I know all those routes very well, we had booked for SAmoens as always in July but couldn't go, some bug or other going around.

Have they opened up 'la ravine' so you can get to La Ramaz from Taninges now? It has been closed for a few years.

It's certainly a great place to ride, I will go back!

Yes it is still closed, can't believe it's been like that for years, I presumed it was just a temporary thing. I guess the road has fallen away in parts?

Oh btw, Les Gets is pronounced 'lay jay' and Samoens is pretty much 'sam wen' :laugh:

Yep, my friend text me saying the same. I correct myself in a future episode :laugh:

dodgy

My favourite town is Samoens, pretty quiet due to its location near the end of the valley road.
And yes, la ravine has been closed since about end of summer 2017, it's due to open in time for the winter season this year. It makes for a great circuit from Samoens.

dodgy

I know Terramont, one of the gentler climbs in the area, I did it on the way to Thonon one year, came back via Col de Cou and Joux Plane (reverse),
I miss the alps.

Top Bottom