Altura NV zips (again)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

The bloody zip on my NV jacket just died, I heard this can be a n issue on these jackets. Altura are invisable on line for post sale issues, (although funnily enough highly visable for sales) . I know some of you have had similar issues, how did you get them resolved?

LondonCommuter

Mr P is right. There is good advice online about your rights under the Sale of Goods Act if you run into problems

Tynan

Veteran
mine has been fine other than the fob on the zip pull snapping after all of a few days, a piece of string replaced it

not worn it that much though as it's warm

Thin keyring sort of thing through the remaining hole for me btfb - something like a mobile phone lanyard - with the teensy nylon end might work...

As Tynan said - the fob was a two day wonder. :tongue:

Nice jacket though - in the cold... :tongue:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..I got it from wiggle and they have asked me to send it back which I will. There are two types of zips on this jacket. The rear pocket and vent zips are fine, but the main front zip and th echest pocket zips have both failed. Not just the puller either, the teeth get stuck so bad that the puller cannot pull..so to speak. I think Altura ballzed up when they chose those thinner zips on the front of the jacket. Not good for such an expensive jacket.

Tynan

Veteran
yes, very disappointing for what's otherwise a lovely jacket, other than it's so bloody warm

when I saw the pit zips, I thought it'd be excellent and bought it without a moment's thought, but they're either badly designed or having the sides of a jacket open make no difference at all, I've worn it a fair few times with the zips open without even noticing

Top Bottom