Altura Pocket Rocket - good/bad...there is better?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gillelive

Been looking at the Altura pocket rocket jacket, Wiggle have it on offer for about £40. Is this a good price? Also, can anyone recommend a similar type jacket for less £s? It will be used for my work run, about a 20 mile round trip, I am trying to avoid boiling my self alive during our wonderful summer.

By the way don't do what I did and google 'pocket rocket'.....not the results I expected!

albion

Guru
It can't be done. £60 minimum is the best alternative I've seen.It won't be any where near as good as EVent but does sound as good as most.

vickster

Legendary Member
I wanted a Pocket Rocket from Wiggle but almost no availability and nothing in my size...was much more elsewhere

I have just received an Endura Pakajac (£38 from CRC)...not worn as it's 28deg with barely a cloud in the sky. I only need for 30 minutes, suspect will be a bit BiB but that suits me as I get quite cold when wet. Bikeradar has a review. Everyone said to not have BiB and truly waterproof need to spend about £120+

OP
OP
gillelive

gillelive

ta for replies, boiled tonight on way home but glad i took my jacket today as it threw it down for the best part of the ride home....need to rethink my summer clothes!

vickster

Legendary Member
OK, just tried on the Pakajac, arms too long, too baggy so going back...this is way harder than it should be!!

Wiggle now have no pocket rockets in stock at all. They say in stock in 2-7 days - for a clearance product is this likely?

yello

I've just been reading the reviews on Wiggle for the pocket rocket. I'm often stunned by the almost contradictory views you read sometimes and this is no exception. There's one there that is quite emphatic that the jacket is NO WAY (their bold!) breathable yet another comprehensive review sings the jackets praises for its breathability. Who do you believe? Or are they taking about completely different products :laugh:

Tbh, I need to see almost universal good reviews (at least of the product's essential features) before I'd click 'Buy'. Just one negative review in an area of concern has me giving stuff a miss.

millereski

RH+ Aquaria pocket jacket is very similar. I have been very impressed with mine when caught in a shower. But it will also cost you a bit more dosh!!!

e-rider

crappy member
I was going to buy a pocket rocket from Wiggle (when they still had stock) but was put off by some reviews along the lines of 'boil in the bag'.

I don't believe a WATERPROOF jacket exists that will not make you sweat like crazy in the summer months. IME they make you sweat in winter too but that's usually better than hypothermia!

albion

Guru
"RH+ Aquaria pocket jacket"That very much sounds like my £9 LIDL ultra light shower jacket.Single layer, more beathable but only showerproof.

Top Bottom