alu road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

so ive got 750 to spend at evans. on a road bike. my thoughts so far are between

cannondale caad8 sora
synapse sora
spesh allez sport
fuji 1.1 sportif
jamis satellite comp steel
felt f95

has anyone got any thoughts or experience of any of these? i want something comfy but forward facing... my previous "relaxed" road bike didnt feel urgent enough so im veering in my mind to the felt or caad... but open to suggestions!

ta

stu

outlash

also available in orange
I can't see myself getting rid of my CAAD8 any time soon... Does the money have to be spent at Evans?

Tony

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

thanks, yeah kinda does as the cyclescheme voucher i orderded is through evans and according to the blurb i will only be able to use the voucher with the store ive nominated..?

like the sound of the caad8 altho as i already have a cannondale was wondering maybe should i try a different brand?!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
My OPINIONS:

Synapse too upright, definatelly more racey vs your current bike, but I would recommend going for something even more different.

Fuji, well, mixed bag, I have owned a Fuji track bike, it was good, but the whole Fuji brand has a sense of Evans Cycles bargain bin about it.

Know nothing of the Jamis, they do make some nice bikes though.

Spesh, people like them, I think they look awful with the bendy top tube.

Felt gets good press I believe (okay not an opinion, I don't have one on this bike).

CAAD8, great frame, probably the best out of those listed. But the groupset may be underwhelming.

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

thanks rob i value your opinion. i have the same feelings on the synapse, i suspect it will be kind of like my quick with drops... i am attracted to the idea of a steel framed racer and its cheap too for the spec. not sure though.its not light. part of me wants to get the raciest thing possible and keep the quick for long pootles and the new bike for those shorter spins...

stu

potsy

Rambler
Stu, thought you didn't get on with drop bars last time?

I'll be going looking at the Cannondales tomorrow, similar choice to you only maybe Tiagra/105 groupset, will let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

hey potsy, no i didnt but i think maybe i didnt listen to people more when they said play with the fit. i needed a shorter bike essentially, and the arm issues havent gone away so i think they are a function of my injury rather than the bike!

thats not to say i will abandon my lovely hybrid, its so good for so many jobs.

wish i had enough to stretch to the tiagra versions, or heaven forbid a supersix... i drooled like a baby over last years black n white jobby!

stu

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Give a load of them a ride and see which you like. If you like the sound of a steel bike, have a look at Genesis, Evans stock them too.

Top Bottom