Amazing gesture.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
So today I was out at Otley.Our neighbour who I have been looking after his garden for a few years, noticed my post on FB that I was in Otley,because he liked it He then knocked on our door,he asked Mrs P he could give me a pressie.For looking after his garden.So tonight as I was emptying the kitchen bin.He gave me a full bottle of Glenfiddich whisky.My word what a gesture.It's great to have fab neighbours.

So today I was out at Otley.Our neighbour who I have been looking after his garden for a few years, noticed my post on FB that I was in Otley,because he liked it He then knocked on our door,he asked Mrs P he could give me a pressie.For looking after his garden.So tonight as I was emptying the kitchen bin.He gave me a full bottle of Glenfiddich whisky.My word what a gesture.It's great to have fab neighbours.
Thats a nice treat! (Just give the bottle a wipe) :okay:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
have you tasted it yet ?? :smile:

Not yet,Mrs P might allow me a sip later.You see sometimes i don't know when enough is enough.Back in 2012 i was very ill in hospital.My gallbladder sort of exploded,it had to be removed.Gall stones loads of them,and booze was a major problem,it seems i was over enjoying myself.Pints and whisky chasers were a big fave of mine.Now i am more careful,but i have recently started to enjoy a can or two.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Would it be ok if it was empty.
When I worked in Scotch Whisky we got the occasional empty bottle in the post with a note attached." This whisky was rubbish and please replace it" or words to that effect. True story.

Top Bottom