Amoff T'Italy tomorrow.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Doing the Maratona Dlles Dolomiti next Sunday with my eldest lad, Liam, and we are going over there tomorrow to have some fun in these beautiful mountains and get ourselves ready for the big challenge next week.

Full report 'pon my return next Tuesday or Wednesday when I get a round tuit.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm envious - i Dolomiti are belli. I did the Sella round once which may be on your route. Enjoy!

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
rich p said:
i Dolomiti are belli. I did the Sella round once which may be on your route. Enjoy!

So's what's under my jumper, mate! The Sella is indeed on the route, in fact, it forms the first part or lap, if you like. You can actually decide to stop as you cross the line in Corvara having done 55K but most people push on to climb again over the Campolongo pass but turn left in Arabba instead of right which the it does on the initial loop. Then comes the only flat bit on the whole course before you have to make the decision to continue on to do the tre route which totals 137K with over 4,000 metres of climb or stick to the due route which totals 105K with over 3,000 metres of climb. I did due in 07 and found it to be the hardest bike day I've ever had and am interested in what my body will tell me to do next Sunday. It's all on lovely closed roads with no time pressures either!

Incidentally, the Sunday after the Maratona, the Sella bike day takes place and this is also on closed roads, it's free of charge and does "only" the first 55K of the Maratona route; surely one of the lovliest and most dramatic bike rides in the world?

Top Bottom