Amusing SCR Incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
I had a mildly amusing SCR incident yesterday morning.

I was cycling along a flat section of road and steadily gaining on the cyclist 200-300m in front of me (he knew I was there as he was checking over his shoulder from time to time). I caught him up at some red lights.

As the lights changed he accelerated off, going significantly faster than he was earlier – I tried and failed to keep up with him and he pulled away from me. The road then started going up – a long, steady incline (Melton Rd in West Bridgford for any locals). At this point I started to catch him up (more a case of him slowing down than me speeding up). I could see that he was flagging because he was doing exactly what I do when I’m knackered going up a hill – taking short breaks from pedalling and coasting for a few metres.

About half way up the hill, when he was 100m or so in front of me, he got off his bike, moved onto the pavement and feigned intense interest in his drive-chain. As I passed him he was squatting on the pavement, looking at his drive-chain, with his back to me^_^

It’s possible that he had a genuine mechanical but somehow I suspect not!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
aaaahhhh the old classic... mechanical on a hill.. only bettered by having to take a mobile phone call on a hill ^_^

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I noticed a slight chain rub yesterday when I was in the small ring and the biggest cog (i.e. run out of gears). I was going to tweak the indexing this morning but on second thoughts it might come in useful as a facesaver.;)

Top Bottom