An old Peugeot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dimrub

sold on FB market. The seller claims that it was made in the 1920s, and asks a rather steep price of 1000 ILS (about 250 euros these days).

c_ohc=KzK15vL8MeYAX9ZM1uA&_nc_ht=scontent.ftlv18-1.jpg

A-yUDmudiGcobTg183pqksTY0&_nc_ht=scontent.ftlv18-1.jpg

c_ohc=ilsx-7AnX94AX8S9zx9&_nc_ht=scontent.ftlv18-1.jpg

c_ohc=mzr5hz8KDpEAX82fGan&_nc_ht=scontent.ftlv18-1.jpg

Of interest are the curved top tube, some kind of bracket on the down tube and another one on the fork, and lack of any brakes/gears. Anyone can help identify this? How feasible would be the restoration, in terms of getting a hold of missing parts?

OP
OP
dimrub

dimrub

The seller sent me another photo - coaster brakes and maybe hub gears?
c_ohc=e5LWr7fkhfcAX8-Khf-&_nc_ht=scontent.ftlv18-1.jpg

OP
OP
dimrub

dimrub

Also of interest I think is the lion rampant on the headtube badge and the interesting shape of the crankwheel. According to this link, the badge does correspond to 1920s.

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Don't think they had threaded headsets like that in the 20's.....more of a head clip arrangement with integrated races. Also sure the seat stays would have been bolted on

Looks like a cut and shut?

netman

Veteran
Don't think they had threaded headsets like that in the 20's.....more of a head clip arrangement with integrated races. Also sure the seat stays would have been bolted on

Looks like a cut and shut?
Totally agree - it's had a different front end with a smaller head tube welded on at some point by the looks of it!

It should look more like this I reckon!

peugeot-paris-1920s-vintage-bicycle-1_1__1.jpg

Gillstay

Über Member

And on the other tube by he look of it. I would not go near that. It doesn't even look like it was sleeved to line it up again.

Top Bottom