And The Physio Says........ YES

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Hoorah! After a 2nd bout of rhabdomyolysis some 7 weeks ago leaving me hospitalised for the second time this Summer, I have since been residing on the sofa and doing some walking whilst waiting for my liver and kidneys to recover. Well 2 weeks back the blood results said all was well, and the consultant said go see the physiotherapist again.
So, I'm allowed to ride the bike again:bicycle::bravo:

But only in a controlled manner, on the turbo trainer, for 2 x 10 mins.:sad: And only every 3rd day:sad:I have to rest too:rolleyes:

So day 1,walk 4 miles (not so bad as I can take dog), day 2, ride 2 x 10 mins @ 40% above resting heart rate (good excuse to upgrade Garmin 200 to 500 or 510:whistle:), day 3, rest (or playstation/cycling forums..).

Not too bad, and should put me back in the realms of proper riding in time for Spring:smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good news. Sounds serious though

ScotiaLass

Guru
Hoorah! After a 2nd bout of rhabdomyolysis some 7 weeks ago leaving me hospitalised for the second time this Summer, I have since been residing on the sofa and doing some walking whilst waiting for my liver and kidneys to recover. Well 2 weeks back the blood results said all was well, and the consultant said go see the physiotherapist again.
So, I'm allowed to ride the bike again:bicycle::bravo:

But only in a controlled manner, on the turbo trainer, for 2 x 10 mins.:sad: And only every 3rd day:sad:I have to rest too:rolleyes:

So day 1,walk 4 miles (not so bad as I can take dog), day 2, ride 2 x 10 mins @ 40% above resting heart rate (good excuse to upgrade Garmin 200 to 500 or 510:whistle:), day 3, rest (or playstation/cycling forums..).

Not too bad, and should put me back in the realms of proper riding in time for Spring:smile:

Nice one!!

OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Good news. Sounds serious though
Apparently so. The first bout hit me in mid-July, and I was told I was lucky to keep my legs below the knee, and was borderline going on dialysis as my kidneys were failing. Spent 10 days with a drip in each arm, drinking 1l water/hr also to try and flush the system through. Started working with the physio to rebuild in late August, only to get hit again in late September. So last 7 weeks have been very lazy, and now a slow, gentle rebuild. This is one thing I never want to experience again, and wouldn't wish on anyone...

Top Bottom