annoying noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Recently had accident had fork replaced. Now when riding bike there is a clicking noise when move pedals.
Overall the bike is fine gears are smooth etc except for clicking noise its like chinese water torture wondered if anyone had any ideas what might be causing it.

when you reverse the chainset (pedal backwards) does the noise still happen !
Off the bike !

Last edited:
OP
OP
markharry66

markharry66

Über Member
no noise when I reverse pedals, no noise when not sat on bike. Knees? are in between legs but function okay thanks for asking I find them quite useful

compo

Veteran
Check that your front wheel is tight, (always start fault finding with the simplest thing!). As you have had new forks I would be looking at the headset. It can click when you pedal because you put pressure on the handlebars, and thus the headset, when you pedal. Pull on the front brake and rock the bike backwards and forwards. You may feel movement like something loose. It is also worth doing the same thing with the wheel at right angles to the bike to eliminate the brake calipers, which incidently could also be loose. If your headset you will need to let us know what type of headset, Ahead or quill, so someone could advise you on adjustment.

OP
OP
markharry66

markharry66

Über Member
Think I will take it back to bike shop that fixed it as headset was loose when I took it out of there

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Is it on every rotation of the cranks...if so is it in a specific position (ie are the crank arms at something like twenty to two)...if so, you may have dry pedals that click as you put force on them. Take your pedals off, clean the threads with degreaser, re grease and refit.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Check that the front derailleur cable is sticking straight up and not sticking out where it catches on the crank.

Top Bottom