Another BBC cycling programme - tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I haven't seen this mentioned but there's a 2hr programme on cycle safety tonight on BBC Radio 5 live, 7:30 - 9:30pm called Lifecycle.
James Cracknell presents a cycling safety special. Featuring Chris Boardman, Sir Chris Hoy and Martin Gibbs - head of cycling safety policy for British Cycling.

It could be interesting - James Shrapnell's views don't seem to match with Boardman's, which are usually very well argued.

Watch the video on the lifecycle link - he strongly approves of flourescent socks!!!!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
It's like Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs advising me how to cross the road - of no interest to a recreational/commuting/touring cyclist

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Very London centric so far. Banging on about loads of streets they presume the rest of the world has heard of/ could give a toss about. However the woman who was trapped beneath an HGV and survived was superb I thought.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Very London centric so far. Banging on about loads of streets they presume the rest of the world has heard of/ could give a toss about. However the woman who was trapped beneath an HGV and survived was superb I thought.
Yes, excellent. When she was talking about wanting to get back riding but with a group of people, my reaction was, yes, let's get a group ride together. Was her name Debbie Thrower?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Yes, excellent. When she was talking about wanting to get back riding but with a group of people, my reaction was, yes, let's get a group ride together. Was her name Debbie Thrower?

Didn't catch her name but I'll have another go on iPlayer over the weekend. But would be great to get her back on the bike.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It wasn't perfect but I thought it was a much better programme that road wars. Actually tried to educate and inform.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It wasn't perfect but I thought it was a much better programme that road wars. Actually tried to educate and inform.
I agree, it was a proper discussion and made a welcome change from the War on Britain's Roads. the presenter held it together pretty well, I though. Unfortunately, though, the audience figures for the two programmes will be wildly different.

thom

____
That's the BBC's remit after all, rather different from that of a commercial production company.
According to this review by Buffalo Bill, the programmers were somewhat duped for part of the story.
Lucas Brunelle, the guy who makes the allycat films, kind of creates artificial races designed to be in conflict with the traffic, putting up large enough cash amounts that underpaid bike couriers are prepared to take stupid risks while he is there with his video camera.

Top Bottom